Thursday, March 26, 2009

wire wrapped rings

I've been wanted to make these for ages, I just don't know where to find suitable wires until I found the perfect package from Wendy Sue, the perfect package means, suitable wires and tutorials.

When the wires arrived, i can't wait to try out, here's my 2 virgin wire wrapped rings.

ringwired
Using glass pearl,

ringturquoise
Polymer clay rose, i love this one! The only problem is that these rings couldn't fit into any of my fingers except for my pinky which i find it's pretty weird to wear such big ring on that lil finger.

I don't have a proper ring mandrel, therefore I've use a marker pen instead. No wonder it's so small.

During the photography of these rings, I've discover an amazing way to display my rings, something like this, where the ring is at upright position,

IMG_3968

This is the secret behind,

IMG_3969

Simply stick it onto a plastercine like material, if you use plastercine, the chances of it staining your rings are high, besides plastercine will not hold heavier rings. Therefore I've used this,

IMG_3977

Faber Castell removable gums, available in any stationery shops,

IMG_3980

Press the ring slightly downwards and it will hold it as long as i live.

IMG_3981

It is so sticky that it can even hold the ring in 45 degree.

IMG_3983

There are a lot of times when we were so reluctant to throw away pretty chocolate boxes, you can keep it and use it for your ring display, especially good for those who sells at bazaars.

IMG_3984

I couldn't find a chocolate box, or else i would have a box of rings, sounds good?

2 comments:

~charng said...

really really pretty girl... LOVE EM!

Stephanie meiyu said...

Thanks Charng Yee :)