Sunday, March 22, 2009

DIY light box

As i was complaining about my bad quality pictures, i blamed it all to the bad lighting in my room and don't have a SLR camera, someone advise me to give a light-box for macro photography, which will give a even lighting to my pictures.

I went to search from the amazon.com for light-box set, comes with a lightbox, 2 flash lights and a camera tripod. It's not that expensive for the set, about USD$40 - USD$100, but the shipping will cost me more than the lightbox itself.

Then sim send me a link to DIY my own lightbox which cost less than RM10, click here for a free tutorial.

Here's mine, i took a pasta machine box and transformed it into a light box.

IMG_3872

IMG_3883

I took my Ikea bought table lamp and put it on top of my light box instead of the side. If you have 2 flash lights, u might wanna put them on each side left & right, it'll have a better lighting effect.

Here's an example of using light box and not using light box.

IMG_3904

This one taken without the light-box but with the light. noticed the brighter and lighter spots, because the lights are not evenly spread.

IMG_3879

This one was taken in the light box, looks better, but not perfect. If only i have 2 more flash lights for left and right, it'll be perfect :)




7 comments:

Joan said...

hi stephanie, great job! going to make 1. u're using only tracing paper? i found some tutorial used white fabric instead.

Stephanie meiyu said...

Thanks Joan, yes, i'm using tracing paper only, because i don't have white fabric. I'm not sure if there's any difference, maybe white fabric might have better result..

Ciyou said...

looks cool~~ I saw this tutorial some time ago~ but didnt manage to do them bcoz i didnt have any table lamp at my home.

If it really works, I shall consider go to buy 2 table lamps and do it

Stephanie meiyu said...

The light box didn't really cost a lot, but table lamps. Maybe you should try borrowing someone's table lamp and try 1st.

Camera flash light also can

Wendy said...

Hie Stephanie,

This is really great news for me :) been searching high and low for this technique and now u've linked it. Thanks so so so much ya!! Really grateful for it :)

Stephanie meiyu said...

hi wendy, you're welcome :)

narrowband said...

You are good!!